Thursday 6 April 2023

Soaring Birds

 Mid-afternoon on 6 April I was watching the development of a system of storm clouds.  I then noticed a Wedge-tailed Eagle soaring in the thermals rising in front of this.


Although I didn't see it stoop I suggest this was less than good news for rodents, small marsupials and unwary small dogs in the Karbeethong area.

While scanning the skies we noticed 4 Pelicans also ascending.   I failed to get them and the Wedgie in the same shot, and by the time I had relocated the Pelicans they were quite high and well along The Narrows.

The weather forecast offered 10% of very little rain.  The radar has a fierce red cell between Mallacoota and Combienbar.  I think the washing will be coming in soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but if I decide they are spam or otherwise inappropriate they will not be approved.