Sunday 16 April 2023

Playing with my EOS R50

 I have bitten the bullet and bought a Canon Mirrorless camera.  Although it has much less zoom that my Panasonic it has a much bigger sensor and more pixcels so I am hoping to get at least the same and in many cases better images. (Spoiler alert: I think that is happening.)  

One day at Captain Stevenson's Point I was chatting with a visitor who commented that the way to learn about the camera was to get out and use it!  Very wise advice methinks.  The following are some of my early efforts in using the camera.  I will add text shortly.

The aim of this one was to see how well in focussed on the Canna, with Karbeethong in the background.

A series of sunset images.

This was looking more to the North than the West.


At Captain Stephenson's Point.  This image shows a sandbank with a few Terns and Gulls on it.  Probably about 200m away.
With its beak buried it is a bit hard to know this is a Caspian Tern, but it was.  Still pretty good given the image.  In the above image it is the white dot in the centre od the sand to the left of the main patch of birds.
Snipping in to the main bunch of Terns I think they are not too badly captured.
Godwits
I have marked 2 birds with arrows.  They were about 70m (green) and 100m (red) away.
Zooming in and snipping, the green bird is a Red-necked Stint ....
... and the red one a Bar-tailed Godwit.
At the poo-pits today a clump of Hardheads at ~200m  ..
... and 2 Coots at ~50m.
As well as the birds on ponds the paddocks and bush around the pits are very productive,  There were (as is often the case) several Jacky Winters on the fence.
I had seen the bird closest to the camera (another Jacky Winter) but it was only on reviewing the image that I realised that the second one, possibly 50+m away ...
... was a female Scarlet Robin!
Dropping in to Mullet Creek, I was very pleased with this snap of a departing Grey-headed Flying-Fox.
This New Holland Honeyeater was only about 15m away, but a very hurried shot so I am quite pleased with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but if I decide they are spam or otherwise inappropriate they will not be approved.