Friday 10 September 2021

Pebbly Beach to the heath

This post covers the flora and fauna seen on a walk on the track towards Shipwreck Creek.  The bush generally was a mass of growth with a whole lotta flowering.  The Kennedia rubicunda has gone completely berserk in the gullies: in this are it was at least 5m up some of the trees.

Click on this to enlarge it and see the amount of blossom.
Here the Kennedia has friends in the form of Hardenbergia violacea and Platylobium formosum.
I am pretty sure this is Corinideum elatum.
It is popular with insects.  From the patterned wings I suspect this is a fruit fly.
I think the member of the Fabaceae is Aotus ericoides: the leaves certainly seemed heathy.
Diuris orientis was in good numbers in the heath.
One of my target species was Glossodia minor (accept no substitute names such as Caladenia minorata).  Several specimens were in the heath.

Frances found our first Sun Orchid of the season.  Thelymitra ixioides was an unexpected bonus.
The second "hoped for" species was Caladenia tentaculata.  I stopped where I (eventually) found some last year, said that to Frances and she pointed her stick saying "Like that?"  She had her eye in!
A grasshopper on a Coronideum scorpioides.
A small moth on I think Leptorhyncos nitidulus.
An insect (6 legs, count 'em) on a leaf of Coronideum elatum.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but if I decide they are spam or otherwise inappropriate they will not be approved.