Thursday 31 October 2019

A few bird snaps

I went for a ride round a few spots at lunchtime today and found that most birds were sensible and were hiding from the 32oC heat.  However when you are a Lurid Lorikeet it is hard to hide.
As an aside, it seems to us that there are more Rainbow Lorikeets around than there has been for a few years.  I am unsure why that is,

In the afternoon I went for another (failed) attempt to find the Powerful Owls off the Casuarina Walk.  I did however find a Rufous Fantail, as expected just past the bridge.
A range of loud strange noises in the bush just past the Black Stump resolved to a Satin Bower Bird,  It was very vocal and eventually bumbled off towards the creek.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but if I decide they are spam or otherwise inappropriate they will not be approved.