Monday 7 June 2021

Miscellany Mallacoota

What does one do with a bunch of interesting photos with no obvious theme?  Publishes it as a miscellany of course!

The Satin Bowerbirds have been very noisy round here recently.  On the 5th a full coloured male appeared high in an Angophora.  He was quite quiet will his mob carried on below.

Apart from it being the nature of Bowerbirds to be noisy, the ruckus may have reflected them finding our cumquat tree!  I hope to get a photo sometime of them attacking a fruit,
The mown lawn is very attractive to Red-browed Finches.  At times up to 40 are present.
They seem to be eating the bits of dead grass.
Although we haven't been able to play croquet in a group recently  Frances and I have been going out to the lawn and practicing.  For reasons that escape me, she plays blue and blue  while I use red and yellow.  Here was the situation on hoop 1, proving the well know Australian proposition that while "you can beat class you can't beat arse".
Further proof, from a couple of hoops later.
I think I won the first round by a couple of shots but was done like a dinner in the second set.
This next image is a good example of why I don't get many photos taken.  Because I look like a pillock.  I think I was trying to get my handkerchief out!


Evening clouds on 6 June.

Sunset was interesting, especially with the reflections.

Sunrise on the 7th was rather lurid.  I decided not to wander up to the top of the hill but just took my photos on the back lawn.


After that colourful start to 7 June the Sunset competed rather well, especially WRT reflections in the Inlet.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but if I decide they are spam or otherwise inappropriate they will not be approved.