Monday 19 April 2021

Things in the air

I will start with some things that get into the air but were photographed in other poses.  Late in the afternoon of 18 April Frances drew my attention to a flock of Red-browed Finches feeding in our garden.  At that time I counted 12 of them.  Later, I counted 25 sat on our Southern fence.  A few were photographed.

Note that the one of the left has no red brow and is thus immature.

They seemed very keen on exploring an area near where Frances had been digging up Kikuyu grass prior ro planting daffodil bulbs in an extended garden bed.

I'm not sure if this one is about to eat the bit of stem or just shifting it.
There were no clouds in the sky and my thoughts of taking photographs to compare various settings on my camera didn't really work out,  I think this is a Romantic Sunset setting 
The key point of interest is the condensation trail visible on the left.  A quick reference to Flight Radar shows this to be a QANTAS flight from Hobart to Sydney, at 36,000 feet.  Zooming in to the app showed it to be just West of Bendoc.  (The image is from slightly later due to lags in getting the screen shot.) 
Looking the area up on Google Earth has allowed me to estimate that the aircraft was about 110 km West of our house when I took the image.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but if I decide they are spam or otherwise inappropriate they will not be approved.