Wednesday 5 January 2022

Mainly New Holland Honeyeaters

 On 5 January Frances drew my attention to a large gathering of New Holland Honeyeaters in our bird bath.  Her high count was 11 birds.  The mob had reduced in size at little (they were constantly moving between the bath and an Acacia behind it) by the time I got to see them, with my high count being 8.

My first photo (on the Julian Alps rule - an ordinary photo of a mountain range on day n is better than one of a blanket of clouds on day n+1) was taken through a double glazed and somewhat steamy window.

Going to a more distant door allowed some better images.
I lobve this one of three of them shouting at one another!
A Little Wattlebird came to see what the noise was about and chased everyone else away.
Some went to feed on the red-hot pokers.
Others preferred some cannas.  Note the tail pattern of the one doing an exit stage left.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but if I decide they are spam or otherwise inappropriate they will not be approved.