Saturday 9 January 2021

A new reptile

 Frances called me to hurry to the garage but didn't sound in pain.  When I arrived having sprinted down the hall there was a new reptile.  So I sprinted back and grabbed a camera.

By the time of my second appearance the animal had snuck out through a small gap at the edge of the door but it did then pose nicely for some photos.  The first image was the last I took, but it does show most of the beast.


The pointy tail reminded me of a Cunningham's Skink (but at about 1/3rd scale).

Referring to the excellent  "Reptiles of Victoria" says this is Black Rock Skink (Egernia saxatilis).  It is described as uncommon but widespread/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but if I decide they are spam or otherwise inappropriate they will not be approved.