Sunday 5 July 2020

Some birdie records

On the 4th of July I toured a few sites with an objective of sea-watching.  (The sea watching was quite good with rough seas and strong wind bringing many Gannets, several Shy Albatross and one Black-browed Albatross within identification range.  There were a few other interesting sightings.  

The first was a socially-distanced ukelele class at Bastion Point!  Apart from anything else, they attracted 4 Grey Teal along the shore line!
My second target area was Fishermans Point West of Betka.  En route I swung by Boundary Rd - Nauta Terrace where Mr Emu had emerged from the trees.
Although not accompanied by chicks (as I had hoped) he wasn't lonely.  (The Emu is in the background on the LHS of this image.)
Passing by Betka Beach there were 6 Caspian Terns evident.  A fairly large group by local standards.
Here is a close-up (possibly better referred to as a zoomed image) of 3 of them.
On getting to Fisherman's Point I found the restoration of the viewing platform was well in hand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but if I decide they are spam or otherwise inappropriate they will not be approved.