Friday 20 September 2019

Birds around the wharf

I rode my bike down to the wharf, mainly to turn my legs over after the drive yesterday.

On getting there I was surprised to see the flock of Royal Spoonbills hanging out in the caravan park. A couple more flew in after this, so I think the total count is now up to 16.  They really should be thinking about nesting sometime soon.
 On the other hand, perhaps they are - or should be -  more focused on getting their plumes under control!

 A few vehicles by the wharf seemed to be getting attention from Silver Gulls.
 No sign of Alfred Hitchcock.
There was a recent post about some cygnets at Bastion Point.  I was a bit worried this might have been the family from the vicinity of the Lakeside Lagoon.  However I'm pleaded to say they are both doing OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but if I decide they are spam or otherwise inappropriate they will not be approved.