Saturday 9 February 2019

Land Animal sightings, February 2019

I shall eventually submit these to the Atlas of Living Australia.  (I had wondered about using the Atlas of the Wilderness Coast but the organisers of that have not responded to a few simple questions I asked them so I can take a hint!)

Lace Monitor (aka  Goanna):  

  • Frances saw one between Genoa Rd and Karbeethong on 2 February'
  • A large one walked across the paddock below Angophora Drive on 6 February

Grey-headed Fruit bat:

  • 4 seen flying over Karbeethong on 2 February.
  • Occasional calls heard from the rainforest on Mullet Creek

Swamp Rat

  • Seen several days early in the morning at the lagoon boardwalk

Eastern Grey Kangaroo

  • End of Lagoon boardwalk 9 February

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but if I decide they are spam or otherwise inappropriate they will not be approved.