Sunday 24 February 2019

Indoors and outdoors

In my previous life at Carwoola I did very little with the indoor readings from my weather station.  At Mallacoota our new house has felt a lot milder than outside so I thought I would have an initial look at how indoors and outdoors compared.

I had difficulty persuading EXCEL to give a graph with dates along the x axis and showing hourly values.  However the diurnal cycle is pretty obvious.

Looking at temperatures first, ...
 ... several conclusions come to mind. 

  • The range of temperatures is far less indoors than out;
  • Basically its pleasantly warm indoors, avoiding nasty heat spikes on hot days;
  • The range of temperatures drops considerably after the 16th, with us away from home and the shutters down on the North-facing deck.

Looking now at humidity.
  • Again the indoor values are much more constant than the outdoors;
  • Night-time humidity in particular is a lot lower indoors than out.
  • There doesn't seem to be such a marked difference due to our absence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but if I decide they are spam or otherwise inappropriate they will not be approved.