Sunday 7 May 2023

Ieri, oggi e domani

 I was thinking what to call a post about yesterday and today when I recalled an Italian film from the 1960s called (in Italian) "Yesterday, today and tomorrow".  Directed by Vittorio de Sica, starring Sophia Loren and Marcello Mastroianni: what's not to like about that?  I'm not sure about 'tomorrow' but here is some stuff about yesterday and today (6 May 2023).

I went hunting for the Spangled Drongos seen in Karbeethong.  That was a fail, but I did like this accumulation of waterbirds on a jetty.

Towards Bucklands 2 Little Pied Cormorants posed.
A beetle - probably a species of Soldier Beetle - landed on my windscreen.  Possibly the most unusual element of this is how clean is the windscreen!
Cuteness doggified!  Gipsy says hello!
A series of photos of the sunset on 5 May.  I expected it to get really colourful but that didn't happen.  Enjoy the shapes of the cirrus.


And some silhouetted trees!


Early on the 6th the Mallacoota Institute of Bloke Studies (Aquatic Division) gathered for a bream fishing competition.

The Terrestrial Division of MIBS was not to be outdone and gathered behind Commercial Rd.  Formal attire was required (courtesy of the official outfitters ALDI).  
I did comment in another place about the gender balance of this gathering but was then advised that - what was described by my adviser, Shanna, as - "chicks" were in large numbers at the far end of this symposium.  Apparently they were scoffing scones and freedom frogs (??) as well as loading trailers.
A suspiciously clean ute.

Here is my share!  I think we now have enough for the coming Winter.
Sunday (domani e domenica 😁) was revolting.  Barely went outside all day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but if I decide they are spam or otherwise inappropriate they will not be approved.