Thursday 15 December 2022

Sea Watching

 This is usually a term employed to describe sitting on land looking out at seabirds that have come into shore.  That is what I had hoped to be doing today, but in the near complete absence of birds of any description I took photos of the sea instead.

The first two are of Mummy Rock from Geology Point.


After 15 minutes during which I saw 1 Sooty Oystercatcher and no other birds I decided to relocate to Bastion Point where I could sit in my car and look at the sea.  I began from on top of the cliff,


Some of the waves were pretty large!

I then went down to the launching area.  I didn't get in the way of any boats being launched!

I didn't need warning signs to suggest it wasn't sensible to go out on the breakwater.  The next three shots were taken on the path to the seat.




1 comment:

Comments are welcome but if I decide they are spam or otherwise inappropriate they will not be approved.