Friday 7 October 2022

Wildlife around town

A few interesting bits and bobs from a scout around the centre this morning.
I stopped at Fisheries Jetty to count the Black Swans as they seemed to be in good numbers on our morning walk today. The answer was 240, which would seem to imply there is a good growth of eelgrass in that area as well as towards the Goodwins.

Then a juvenile Striated Heron came off the Marsh just upstream of the Jetty.

It flew off towards Seagull Island - one of the species usual haunts. That sighting is particularly exciting as almost at the same time Frances saw one near Schnapper Point Drive. So definitely at least 2 in the area.

A flotilla of Little Black Cormorants came by, continually diving after a school of fish.
I had been in the area of the Pumping Station where I got the answer to "what is better than a koala?". The answer is of course "2 Koalas."
Another question from the same area was "can I - or at least Photoshop Express - improve a photo of a Lyrebird in deep shadow?"
I think the answer is "Yes."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but if I decide they are spam or otherwise inappropriate they will not be approved.