Tuesday 17 August 2021

TOPC revisited

 I am working on a post about wattles and remembered that there were several interesting specimens on the Track Opposite the Pony Club (hence TOPC).  I found 2 of the 3 I was looking for, plus a few other nice flowers.

Acacia ulicifolia


Acacia oxycedrus
This is the most floriferous example of the species I have found.
Acacia myrtifolia
Acacia suavolens
On to other genera.  There was a good collection of Epacris impressa along the heathy part of the track.
A different Tetratheca: I suspect from the hairy stem and leaves in whorls of4 that this is T. bauerifolia.
Platylobium formosum

A large clump of Dampiera stricta.
I am pretty sure this is a Ricinocarpos pinifolius (Wedding Bush).
On Genoa Rd at the end of TOPC was a small colony (~10 plants found) of Caladenia catenata.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but if I decide they are spam or otherwise inappropriate they will not be approved.