Tuesday 17 November 2020

Various sightings

 This is a grab bag of various things seen over 15 and 16 November. 

I begin with some land art seen on the middle of the three beaches walk, below Point Difficult, which we did as the tide was low on the 15th so the walk was possible without abseiling (or swimming).




We now advance to 16 November.  When we returned from our morning walk (a tad unpleasant as the temperature - at 0815 - was close to 30C) there was a large flock of Tree Martins swooping over the paddock opposite our house.  I took my camera out to try to get a photo.  Nice House Sparrow!
Nice Red-bellied Black Snake seen at the bottom of the paddock!
The best that I could manage of the hirundines.  A Welcome Swallow on the left and a Tree Martin - trust me, I'm a doctor's father - on the ground to the right.
We had noted this cute little family of Australian Wood Ducks on the walk.
On the afternoon of the 16th we went to check the rock pools at Bastion Point.  I am pretty sure this is something of the animal persuasion, but iNaturalist has taken a punt at 'Life'!
The next few images are of Sea Hares and/or their egg masses.

There are a LOT of egg masses.  This was the greatest colection.

I have in the past decided these are sea squirts, which seems to be the default ID for colourful blobs attached t rocks!
Bastion Point is a hotspot for Eastern Reef Egret but it is unusual to see 2 together.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but if I decide they are spam or otherwise inappropriate they will not be approved.