Friday 24 January 2020

Updates from Mallacoota

Well, we're back in Mallacoota and my shingles are (slowly) improving.  So I got out a little on the 23rd to see what is occurring  as well as a few shots from home.

This first photo is from home!  It is basically the view from my desk,looking across Mullet Creek towards Karbeethong, showing where the fire burnt down to the Inlet, missing a lot of the homes: including the one we used to stay in.
 Later in the day (after mowing the lawn for the first time in about 6 weeks) I went to Captain Stevensons Point to check the birds there.  It was very overcast but I could see across to the Howe Range where very strong winds were stirring up the fire.
 The sandbars in the Inlet were very obvious. 
 My visit was shortened as it started to rain but I got a reasonable list.

Finally a couple of views of the setting sun from the front of the house.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but if I decide they are spam or otherwise inappropriate they will not be approved.