Wednesday, 22 July 2026

some heath-haunting flowers (and some birds)

It being a nice day weatherwise we took ourselves off to the Davis Beach Heath to see how the flowers were doing.  Not exactly a carpet of colour but few pretties here and there.

The last couple of Springs have not been glorious floriferousness, so we have got out of the habit of identifying plants.  Which only means one thing: we have forgotten most everything. But here are some OK snaps.  I shall try to attach better names soon(ish).

Acacia suavolens

Acacia myrtifolia
A pea!
Possibly a different pea!
Allocasuarina nana (or possibly another Allocasuarina)

Comesperma volubile
Billardiera 
Goodenia ovata
Later in the afternoon I went to the Narrows Car Park to see how many Night Herons I could find.  The answer was 4: 3 flushed into the big eucalypt and one remained lurking in the Pittosporum.
This one shows a faint trace of a plume on the head.
On the way home I was impressed with the pink bill on this Pelican (and a few others of the species) in the Lake at Mullet Creek.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but if I decide they are spam or otherwise inappropriate they will not be approved.