Wednesday 11 May 2022

Ya silly Drongo!

 The Strine title reflects the use of the Spangled Drongo's crazy behaviour when catching insects as indicating it is a few kangaroos short in the top paddock.  Some friends spotted one at Bucklands car park on the evening of 10 May.  They got some phone photos ...

.. but as I arrived a muppet drove a car past and scared it off.  😞

So I was down there again on the morning of 11 May before the sun got its act into gear.

I patrolled the general area for a few minutes and pretty much as soon as it was possible to see a black bird against a burnt tree there it was!
An astonishingly cooperative bird I was able to get with 2 metres.  The light was still pretty naff so the spangles are only just visible.

Then the sunrise got happening (my guess is this view lasted for about one minute)..



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but if I decide they are spam or otherwise inappropriate they will not be approved.