Tuesday 19 October 2021

A visit to Mullet Creek

 This little area of rainforest at the junction of Lakeside Drive and Karbeethong Avenue is always interesting.  The highlights of today's outing are covered below.  

Very close to the entrance a pair of Superb Lyrebirds were digging around and finding plenty of food.

One bird is quite obvious but the second is a little hidden on the RHS with just the tail feathers protruding.  A crop might assist!
They were being very vocal.  To my surprise they weren't obviously interacting just being noisy as they scratched around.  I hope this link presents my recording of the sounds.  (When I replayed this to the birds they immediately started to display, so I turned off the replay PDQ.)

Then a Black-faced Monarch appeared.  No other royalty were seen.
As I was leaving I stopped on the small bridge to check for Azure (Ascher?) Kingfisher and was lucky enough to get a couple of reasonable images.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but if I decide they are spam or otherwise inappropriate they will not be approved.