Tuesday 24 December 2019

I've been quiet recently!

This is mainly because I have shingles and moving around is quite painful.  As is sitting at a computer.  Hopefully I am getting over it so here are a few photos taken in December.

The first one is hopeless as a photo but records that I finally found a Nankeen Night-Heron.  It roosts in a tree beside the bakery and has apparently done so for years!
 The first adult Pacific Gull I have seen here: all the others have been immatures.  Note massive bill and black band on tail.
 This is a juvenile Brown Songlark.  A very unusual species in East Gippsalnd and the first eBird record in the Mallacoota area.  (The little one in the background is a Hosrfield's Bronze-Cuckoo.)
 A flagged Australian Pied Oystercatcher (#85).
 An orchid!!!  Dipodium punctatum.
 A thoroughly confused Xanthorrhea resinosa!
 The bird prowling in the grass is a Swamp Harrier - the first I have seen down here.
 Sunrise through the smoke.
 Cape Conran flies!  I have counted 184 in this image, and reckon I had a similar number.
 A sequence from Lakeside drive.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but if I decide they are spam or otherwise inappropriate they will not be approved.